Time to put on your thinking caps, get your creative juices flowing, and break out the pen and paper because this year’s I-ManiCon features an I-Man poetry contest.
Following are the rules of the contest so, if you’re interested in entering the competition, please read them carefully. Questions should be sent to I_Man_Poetry@yahoo.com.
I imagine that eventually these rules will be up on an official I-ManiCon website, but for now I’m helping to get the word out about the contest so that contestants have time to create their masterpieces…err, entries.
Have fun with it!
- Submissions must be original works related in some way to The Invisible Man (2000); this may be in theme, use of characters, etc. However, no flaming of real-life persons or companies associated with the show, its production, or its airing will be allowed.
- Submissions may be any style of verse, including songs. Submissions must be no longer than 350 words.
- Entrants must be members of the I-Maniacs, a.k.a. The Invisible Man Fan Club.
- Submissions should be sent to I_Man_Poetry@ yahoo.com as e-mail attachments in Microsoft Word document format (.doc extension), 1 poem
per file. “I-Man Poetry Contest” should be in the subject line, or the e-mail may be mistaken as spam and discarded.
- Entrants may submit as many original works as they like.
- Entrants should be sure to include, on each page of each entry, their name or handle as they would like it to appear on any awards certificate, list of winners, or publication. Judging will be anonymous.
- All persons submitting work agree to allow, without monetary remuneration, their submissions to be printed, published online, or otherwise distributed by the contest coordinators, including officers of the I-Maniacs, a.k.a. The Invisible Man Fan Club, and members of the club who actually work on the I-Man Poetry Contest before, during, and/or after I-ManiCon 2007, in perpetuity. All persons submitting work retain the right to print, publish, or otherwise distribute their
submissions in any form they may choose.
- Submissions are due no later than 11:59 p.m. on July 9, 2007 to allow time for printing. Submissions received after this date will be excluded. Submissions will be judged at I-ManiCon 2007 in Los Angeles on July 21. Entrants need not be present to win.
- Submissions must be rated G, PG, or PG-13; anything excessively vulgar or explicit will not be considered for the contest or for publication. Mild profanity may be allowed if it fits within the context of the poem, to be determined by the contest coordinator. The GD, F and S words are forbidden; all others will be considered on a case-by-case situation. The safest way to avoid this problem is to avoid this kind of language. “Crap” is not profanity.
- These rules subject to updating or clarification, so please check back from time to time to make sure there have been no changes; entrants will be notified via e-mail if any important changes occur after they submit, but it should not affect their entries.